We are now taking applications for the right candidate to join The Olympia Theatre's team in a management position as Assistant Manager. We would ask applicants to send their up to date CV, along with a cover letter/note elaborating upon their relevant experience and interest the position.
Salary Remuneration: Commensurate to experience
Closing Date: 5th May 2017
Description and Duties
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will support and assist the General Manager in maximising the profitability, service and presentation of the theatre as well as ensuring a safe environment for all visitors and staff.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in optimising revenues and managing costs in the entertainment and hospitality sector and have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in leading teams in operations and customer service.
In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager will assume such duties as is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the venue, deputising on behalf of the General Manager.
- Manage and motivate staff to ensure clarity of direction and priorities, achieving continuous improvement in customer service and sales standards.
- Deputise in the absence of the General Manager to ensure effective management of the venue.
- Systematically review all operational processes to optimise efficiency, addressing any shortfalls.
- To fully support Customer Service initiatives across all business areas in the venue.
- Ensure the Company’s Health & Safety policy is adhered to across the theatre and recommend improvements to the policy as appropriate within budget constraints and liaison with the General Manager.
- Lead and work with FOH staff, adopting a proactive hands-on approach, to implement best practise across all operations and promote and develop related standards and practises within The Olympia.
- Work closely with all suppliers and undertake annual reviews to ensure effective management of all supplier agreements.
- Proactively identify scope for flexibility enhancements and interoperability between functions within the theatre to ensure cost minimisation and optimum deployment of resources.
- Design, develop, implement, review, manage and maintain new FOH venue operational systems, processes and procedures.
- Offer support, guidance and assistance to various departments in the theatre, showing an understanding of each aspect of the business.
- Ensure that supervisors maintain a record of all issues, incidents or complaints and formally review same on a daily basis.
- Work alongside the FOH team to proactively identify and address any training requirements.
- Develop an audit schedule in the bar and shop areas and undertake inspections to ensure full compliance with all safety and hygiene regulations.
- Manage performance, discipline and grievances in compliance with statutory obligations. Ensure consistent and prudent approach to the management of all HR issues and matters.
- Ensure the appropriate information in relation to all events is provided to all internal/external staff as required.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as allocated by the General Manager.
- Third level qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working in venue management.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with a proven track record of managing diverse business activities.
- Skills in leading and developing people and in managing their performance.
- Proven skills in communication, problem-solving, planning and organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure the theatre is maintained to the highest standard.
- Strong IT skills, including the use of Word and Excel.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours/days and weekends.
- Strong working knowledge of till systems and stock control.
- Experience of managing a large diverse operation.
- Knowledge of box office and ticketing systems
- Occupational first aid
- HACCP trained
The Olympia Theatre, 72 Dame Street, Dublin 2, Ireland